Updated: Aug 12, 2020
Just when you thought pumpkin pie couldn't get any better! This recipe is, hands-down, one of the best muffin recipes we have ever tried! We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. We tend to make this for many get togethers. :)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour or starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or your own mix of cinnamon, ginger, etc.)
[Chocolate muffin base]
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour of choice (we used a mix of oat, almond, and rice flour)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flax or 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
(Optional) - 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Topping Instructions:
1. Combine all pumpkin topping ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Muffin Base Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease muffin pans with coconut oil.
2. Combine liquids and flax/chia seeds in a small bowl and set aside. Let these sit.
3. Combine all dry ingredients together in a larger bowl.
4. After about five minutes, pour ingredients from smaller bowl into the larger bowl and stir.
5. Fill muffin pans half-way full with muffin base.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chunks on the top, in the center of the muffin base.
7. Put 1-2 spoonfuls of the pumpkin pie batter on top of the muffins.
8. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 F.
9. Add additional toppings (we have used icing, coconut, almond slivers, and many more. Be creative! :) ).