Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Cookies
Updated: Aug 12, 2020
It has come that time...
It is time to ditch the toast and jam.
We believe life should be easy and tasteful. So why settle for the typical toast and jam breakfast? These cookies only take 10 minutes to make and are loaded with taste and nutrients to start your morning off the right way! Start your morning off with taste...start your morning off with a taste of life. :)
Yield: 6 cookies
1 ripe banana
1 1/2 cups of gluten free oats, divided
3-4 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other sweetener of your choice, optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I added a bit more after mixing)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mash banana in a medium mixing bowl
3. Add 1/2 cup of the oats into a blender or food processor until a flour forms.
4. Mix the oat flour in with the banana. Add in the remaining oatmeal, applesauce, maple syrup, cinnamon, peanut butter, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold the chopped walnuts into the batter.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and start making the batter into cookies (note: I used 3 tbsp of batter for each cookie).
7. Press the cookies down into the shop you want them in (they will not spread in the oven).
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Flip the cookies and bake for additional 5.