Updated: Aug 12, 2020
Let's be honest, everyone loves a great slice of banana bread! But, not everyone loves the calories and the guilt after indulging. Imagine biting into a moist, delicious slice of banana bread without feeling guilty afterwards?! Below you will find a recipe that will allow you to enjoy your delicious banana bread without feeling guilty afterwards!
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 large, ripe bananas
2 spoonfuls of apple sauce
1/3 cup of pure organic maple syrup
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1-2 tsp of cinnamon (I used close to 2)
1/2 cup of organic dark chocolate chunks
1 cup organic coconut sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat Oven to 350. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside.
3. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Then add pure maple syrup, apple sauce, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined. Then add almond milk mixture.
4. Add gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir and lightly combine (don't over-stir). Then add the dark chocolate chips. Be careful not to over-mix.
5. Pour dough into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until the knife comes out clean). Keep checking on it to make sure the top doesn't get too brown. If it does, place aluminum foil over the top and continue cooking.
6. Drizzle icing over the loaf.
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Either put ingredients in a plastic bag and cut the tip (to drizzle on loaf), or pour the icing over the loaf. You may have leftover icing.